We are happy to announce that the 9th DBpedia Community meeting will be held in Galway, Ireland on June 21st 2017. DBpedia will be part of the Language, Data and Knowledge conference (LDK) in Galway. This new biennial conference series aims at bringing together researchers from across disciplines. The DBpedia Meeting is part of the conference and is scheduled for the last day.
Only few seats are left: So come and get your ticket to be part of the 9th DBpedia Community meeting in Galway.
- Keynote #1: Logainm.ie data use cases by Brian Ó Raghallaigh (Dublin City University & Logainm)
- Keynote #2: Wikimedia in Ireland: A Monumental Undertaking by Sharon Flynn (NUI Galway & Wikimedia Ireland)
- DBpedia Association hour
- A session about Irish Linked data projects (and DBpedia)
- Web URL: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Galway2017
- Hashtag: #DBpediaGalway17
- When: June 21st, 2017
- Where: National University of Ireland, Galway (at the Millenium Arts Building Saint Josephs, Lower Newcastle Lower Newcastle, Galway, H91 PH2P, Ireland)
- Call for Contribution: Submit your proposal in our form
- Registration: Free to participate but only through registration (Option for DBpedia support tickets) https://goo.gl/FFQDow
Please check our schedule for the 9th DBpedia Community meeting here: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Galway2017
The social event will be held in the evening (starting at 6pm) at the PorterShed around the topic How to exploit data commercially? featuring several short impulse talks. We still have some remaining slots and would welcome you to present your success stories as well as use cases, but also tell us about your problems regarding the commercialisation of data. If you are interested in presenting, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsors and Acknowledgments
|LDK2017||For hosting the meeting.|
|Institute for Applied Informatics||For supporting the DBpedia Association.|
|OpenLink Software||For continuous hosting of the main DBpedia Endpoint.|
|ADAPT research centre||For supporting the DBpedia Association.|
|ALIGNED – Software and Data Engineering||For funding the development of DBpedia as a project use-case and covering part of the travel cost.|
|PorterShed||For hosting the evening event.|
In case you want to sponsor the 9th DBpedia Community Meeting, please contact the DBpedia Association via email@example.com.
- Tatiana Gornostay, TILDE
- Rob Brennan, ADAPT research centre
- Felix Sasaki, DFKI GmbH
- Bianca Pereira, The Insight Centre for Data Analytics
- Caoilfhionn Lane, The Insight Centre for Data Analytics
- Jimmy O’Regan, ITUT, Trinity College Dublin
- Julia Holze, DBpedia Association
- Sandra Prätor, DBpedia Association
- Sebastian Hellmann, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
We are looking forward to meeting you in Galway!
Your DBpedia Association