During the SEMANTiCS 2016 in Leipzig, Sep 12-15, the DBpedia community will get together on the 15th of September for the 7th edition of the DBpedia Community Meeting.
After years of discussion, the DBpedia community has finally found consensus on how to step into the future. During this meeting, we will come together to celebrate this achievement and also discuss and hold a vote to fill the DBpedia Association with life. Other subjects will reflect the efforts of the DBpedia community on a general Public Data Infrastructure for a large, multilingual, Semantic Knowledge Graph. In addition, there will be a showcase session on current developments and a DBpedia Dev session about technical issues and challenges in DBpedia as well as hands-on tutorials for DBpedia newbies.
- DBpedia Ontology Discussion: The DBpedia Ontology and current developments in ontology management will be adressed by special guest Monica Solanki from Oxford University, a leading expert in this field.
- DBpedia & DBpedia+ Data Stack (v. 2016-04) release
- DBpedia Spotlight session dedicated to setting an agenda for future sptlight development.
- Discussion about fundraising and how funding is acquired by the DBpedia Community
- A vote for the seats in the board of trustees
- Tutorials to learn about DBpedia and its tools
- Two keynotes that showcase the usefullness of DBpedia in real world appliactions.
- Space for the community to show their tools and success in presentations and posters
The success of the last two community meetings in Palo Alto with approx. 100 attendees and in The Hague with 120 attendees and the increasing number of specific language chapters proves that the DBpedia community is constantly growing and gaining more and more significance and impact in the Semantic Web Community.
- Web URL: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Leipzig2016
- Hashtag: #DBpediaLeipzig2016
- When: September 15th, 2016
- Where: University of Leipzig, Augustusplatz 10, 04109 Leipzig
- Call for Contribution: submission form
- Registration: Free to participate but only through registration (Option for DBpedia support tickets)
The DBpedia Meeting is part of the SEMANTiCS 2016 conference and will take part on the last day.
If you would like to become a sponsor for the 7th DBpedia Meeting, please contact the DBpedia Association
|University of Leipzig
For hosting the meeting
|ALIGNED – Software and Data Engineering
For funding the development of DBpedia as a project use-case and covering part of the travel cost
|Institute for Applied Informatics
For supporting the DBpedia Association
For continuous hosting of the main DBpedia Endpoint
|SEMANTiCS 2016: 12-15 Sep in Leipzig
For hosting and sponsoring the meeting.
- Magnus Knuth, HPI, DBpedia German & Commons
- Monika Solanki, University of Oxford, DBpedia Ontology
- Julia Holze, DBpedia Association
- Dimitris Kontokostas, AKSW/KILT, DBpedia Association
- Sebastian Hellmann, AKSW/KILT, DBpedia ASsociation
Attending the DBpedia Community meeting is free, but you need to register. You can optionally choose a DBpedia support ticket.
Call for Contribution
Please submit your proposal through our web form.
Contribution proposals include (but not limited to) presentation, posters, demos, lightning talks and session suggestions.
Location / Venue
The meeting will take place at Augustusplatz 10, 04109 Leipzig, Germany. See here for detailed directions.
Getting to the meeting by plane, you can use the airport Leipzig/Halle, it is about 30 minutes away (by car) from the city centre of Leipzig. InterCity and regional trains run regularly between airport and central station. The Berlin Airport is about 2 hours away, Airport Frankfurt or Airport Hanover are about 3.5 hours away by train. See here for detailed directions.
Read the final report of the 6th DBpedia community meeting in The Hague on our blog: 6th DBpedia Community Meeting in The Hague 2016