We are proud to announce that we will organize an online tutorial at the Web conference on April 25, 2022 at 10.45 am CEST. A particular focus will be put on the DBpedia Infrastructure, i.e. the DBpedia’s Databus publishing platform and the associated DBpedia services (DBpedia Spotlight, Dbpedia Lookup and the DBpedia endpoints). The tutorial will also contain a session dedicated on the DBpedia’s current motto, i.e. Global and Unified Access to Linked Data. In practical examples we will illustrate the potential and the benefit of using DBpedia in the context of the Web of Data.
Topic and relevance
The main topic of this tutorial is the DBpedia community project which is centered around the DBpedia Knowledge Graph, the DBpedia Infrastructure and the DBpedia Services. DBpedia is one of the oldest, most prominent and successful knowledge engineering projects which aims at publishing high-quality linked open data on the Web. The DBpedia Knowledge Graph has been under development for over 14 years and is being improved to this day. Working and consuming such a large scale dataset has often proven to be a messy and difficult process. This DBpedia tutorial will be focused on three core DBpedia topics:
1) the DBpedia Knowledge Graph and the DBpedia community,
2) the DBpedia Infrastructure and the DBpedia services,
3) the current motto of DBpedia: “Global and Unified Access to Linked Data”.
- Web URL: https://www.dbpedia.org/events/tut-at-the-web-conf/
- Hashtag: #DBpediaTutorial
- When: April 25, 2022 at 10.45 am CEST
- Where: The tutorial will be organized online.
- Registration: via the Web Conference page
Slides and Information Sheet
- Milan Dojchinovski , InfAI, DBpedia Association, CTU in Prague
- Sebastian Hellmann, InfAI, DBpedia Association
- Jan Forberg, InfAI, DBpedia Association
- Johannes Frey, InfAI, DBpedia Association
- Julia Holze, InfAI, DBpedia Association
Style and Duration