After 4 successful meetings in Europe, we will cross the Atlantic for the next one: we are happy to announce that the 5th DBpedia meeting will be held at Stanford University, Palo Alto, on November 5th 2015.
Please read below on different ways you can participate. We are looking forward to meeting all the US-based DBpedia enthusiasts in person.
The event will feature talks from Yahoo!, IBM Watson, Blippar, Netflix and Stanford amongst others.
- Web URL: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/California2015
- Hashtag: #DBpediaCA
- When: November 5th, 2015
- Where: MSOB x303, Stanford University, Palo Alto CA (map
- Host: Dumontier Lab, Stanford University
- Call for Contribution: Submit your proposal in our form
- Registration: https://event.gg/1742-5th-dbpedia-meeting-california (limited seats)
If you would like to become a sponsor for the 5th DBpedia Meeting, please contact the DBpedia Association
|Dumontier Laboratory for Biomedical Knowledge Discovery
For hosting the meeting and helping with the organization
For sponsoring the catering of the meeting
|Google Summer of Code 2015
Amazing program and the reason we are in US
|ALIGNED – Software and Data Engineering
For funding the development of DBpedia as a project use-case and covering part of the travel cost
|Institute for Applied Informatics
For supporting the DBpedia Association
For continuous hosting of the main DBpedia Endpoint
- Michel Dumontier, Maastricht University
- Pablo N. Mendes, IBM Watson Research
- Marco Fossati, SpazioDati
- Dimitris Kontokostas, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
- Sebastian Hellmann, DBpedia Association and AKSW, Uni Leipzig
Attending the DBpedia Community meeting is free, but you need to register. There are 3 types of tickets that are booked separately:
- Ticket for the main event (50 people)
- Ticket for the pre-event (30 people)
- Optional DBpedia support ticket
Call for Contribution
Please submit your proposal through our form. Contribution proposals include (but not limited to) presentation, demos, lightning talks and session suggestions. All talks are accepted by default and will be added to the program in batches.
Location / Venue
The meeting will take place at Palo Alto CA, Stanford University, MSOB x303 (map).
Parking info: There is a parking structure on Pasteur Dr. near the hospital as well as in L-17. Both are only 5 minutes away walking. The yellow [P] shows the area for paid public parking. see the Stanford transportation maps for details and especially the south-west map.
Going from the pre-meeting to the main event: CCSR is a 7 min walk from Beckman to MSOB (https://goo.gl/maps/fAaTA7QaiZ52)
16:00 pre-event meeting (room CCSR 4205)
Separate pre-meeting. Depending on the audience we can do hackathons, tutorials, QA sessions, etc (needs separate registration)
18:30 Main Event (Room MSOB x303)
|18:30 – 19:00||
|19:00 – 19:15||
|19:15 – 20:45||
Invited talks (1.5h)
|20:45 – 20:50||
|20:50 – 21:45||