- Web URL: http://wiki.dbpedia.org/meetings/Amsterdam2017
- Hashtags: #DBpediaAmsterdam17 #DBpediaDay
- When: September 14th, 2017
- Where: Meervaart Theatre, Meer en Vaart 300, 1068 LE Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Call for Contribution: submission form
- Registration: via Eventbrite
The DBpedia Meeting is part of the SEMANTiCS 2017 conference and will take part on the last day.
If you would like to become a sponsor for the 10th DBpedia Meeting, please contact the DBpedia Association.
|Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
For hosting the meeting
|ALIGNED – Software and Data Engineering
For funding the development of DBpedia as a project use-case and covering part of the travel cost
|Institute for Applied Informatics
For supporting the DBpedia Association
For continuous hosting of the main DBpedia Endpoint
|SEMANTiCS 2017: 11-14 Sep in Amsterdam
For hosting the meeting
- Enno Meijers, National Library of the Netherlands & Dutch DBpedia
- Lieke Verhelst, Linked Data Factory, Informagic & Dutch DBpedia
- Victor de Boer, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam & Dutch DBpedia
- Roland Cornelissen, metamatter & Dutch DBpedia
- Gerald Wildenbeest, Saxion & Dutch DBpedia
- Gerard Kuys, Ordina & Durch DBpedia
- Maarten Brinkerink, The Netherlands Institute for Sound and Vision
- Julia Holze, DBpedia Association
- Dimitris Kontokostas, DBpedia Chapter Coordinator
- Sebastian Hellmann, AKSW/KILT, DBpedia Association
Attending the DBpedia Community meeting costs €40 (excl. registration fee and VAT). You need to buy a ticket via Eventbrite. DBpedia members get free admission. Please contact your nearest DBpedia chapter for a promotion code, or contact Julia Holze.
Call for Contribution
Please submit your proposal through our web form.
Contribution proposals include (but not limited to) presentation, posters, demos, lightning talks and session suggestions.
If you can’t stand it till the end of the SEMANTiCS, you can already participate in the workshop “Two worlds, one goal: A Reliable Linked Data ecosystem for media” held by DBpedia and Wolters Kluwer on the 11th of September. This half-day workshop aims at exploring major topics for publishers and libraries from DBpedia’s and Wolters Kluwer’s perspective. Therefore, both communities will dive into core areas like Interlinking, Metadata and Data Quality and address challenges such as fundamental requirements when publishing data on the web. Did we spark your interest? Check our detailed program here.
Location / Venue
The DBpedia Community meeting will take place at the Meervaart Theatre in Amsterdam. Getting to the meeting by plane, you can use the Amsterdam Airport Schiphol, it is about 20 minutes away (by car) from the Meervaart Theatre. Amsterdam has many international rail connections and night trains to many EU cities. Eurolines, Megabus and iDBUS provide coach travel to UK and Europe. See here for detailed directions.